Thursday, April 14, 2011

Death and the Model Railroader: II














              Michael Howe, aka Smudgeloco

“An excellent modeler and a true gentleman on the forum.”

“One of the good guys here.”

“One of the nicest people on the forum.”

“A sad loss for the forum and model railroad community.”

“His good nature made this forum a better place, to say nothing of his wonderful modelling.”

Those are just a few of the comments on the Atlas Forum about Michael Howe, aka Smudgeloco. Michael passed away April 10, following a lengthy illness.

Like most people I converse with on model railroad forums, I never met Michael, and I certainly can’t say I knew him. But reading all the tributes written about him made me think that’s the way we’d all want to be remembered when our time comes.

RIP, Michael.

You can see Michael’s modeling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment