Saturday, October 24, 2009

100,000 Views


SW9 7400 does some switching at the
Fort Frances yard.

In February, 2007, I posted the first video of my layout on YouTube. On Oct. 19, 2009, I reached 100,000 views.

Of course, 100,000 views is nothing compared to the millions of views garnered by some videos, but it's still pretty remarkable for videos of model railraods and trains, in my opinion. (And, no, it's not me clicking on them 100,000 times, as my family likes to joke.)

Actually, making layout videos has sort of become a
hobby-within-the-hobby for me. I enjoy setting up shots and trying to tell a story through a video.

As for equipment--nothing special here. I use my Canon A590 digital camera and Windows Movie Maker to make the videos.

Along with the videos of my layout, I have posted videos of some railfan trips I have taken, and videos of other layouts here in Winnipeg.

You can see my videos on my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/jdl562000

No comments:

Post a Comment