Thursday, July 11, 2013

On the Road Again: Making a Street on the Manitoba & Minnesota Sub.













Now that is a great looking road! If I was halfway as good a modeller as Fred Lagno, I might be able to make a road that looks as good as the one he made on his Allegheny Central layout.

I'm not that great a modeller, but I'm willing to give anything a try. That includes making a road in the town of Ritchie on the M & M Sub. It's not much of a road--just a short stretch of pavement beside the grain elevators. The photo below shows the start of the project.















The "road" is made from a sheet of styrene. I spray painted it with grey primer, with an overspray of black. I scribed lines and then blackened them with a pen.



















The sidewalk is a made from a thick piece of poster board, scribed to represent sidewalk lines. I spray painted it with grey primer, too, but used an overspray of white to make it stand out from the road.















Lots of work left to do, including adding details, weathering, etc. But it's a start; using Fred's photo as an inspiration, I can say that I am "on the road, again."


1 comment:

  1. Looks good, John. Don't sell yourself short on your modelling skills, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete