Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Top Ten Most Visited Pages on the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision Blog














Another milestone was passed last week when the CP Rail M & M Sub. blog passed 80,000 views. When I started it back in 2009, I had no idea it might be interesting to so many visitors.

Looking back, I wondered: What are some of the most visited pages? Here are the top ten.

The number one most viewed post is A Tour of the CP Rail M & M Sub.

That is followed by Happy Birthday, CN Wet Noodle!

Next comes Most Unusual Layout Location, about a long-distance trucking friend who has a layout in the cab of his truck.

The Twin City Model Railroad Museum in St. Paul, MN--with their wonderful O scale layout--was the next most visited page.

A post about the Montreal Model Railroad Assocation losing its longtime home came next. (An update on the club's future is here.) Perhaps that speaks to the fears we all have of losing space for our layouts.

There may be more VIA modellers out there than I thought. How else to explain the popularity of the page about Eric Gagnon's new book, Trackside With Via?

An overview of the CP Rail M & M Sub. came after that.

Next, and perhaps also touching a primal fear, was the post titled Death and the Model Railroader.

(I actually have four posts about death and model railroading on my blog, which either makes me very morbid or very realistic. One is about the death of my friend David Dyck, and the dismantling of his layout; another is about the passing of model railroader Michal Howe, and the wonderful things said about him; and the last is about how Winnipegger Harold Weston surprised friends taking apart his layout following his passing. Hint: It involves a bottle of fine spirits and a mountain.)

Rounding out the top ten is the most recent post about Brian Elchlepp's BC Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision--a layout that is gone, but not forgotten.

When I started the blog, it was mostly an opportunity for me to do some fun writing (as opposed to the writing I have to do for work). Plus, it was a way to learn more about the hobby, share tips and ideas, and showcase some of the great modelling I've seen over the years through my work with Canadian Railway Modeller, or just found on the Web.

I'm glad others have enjoyed it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment