Saturday, September 21, 2013

End of an Era: Fine Scale Miniatures Closes


The last kit ever from FSM.












"After 48 years, Fine Scale Miniatures is retiring from manufacturing HO craftsman kits."

That is the message posted on the FSM website by owner George Selios. Before he ceases production altogether, George is selling one final kit--the Jamestown Water Stop (photo above).

As for why he is ending the business, George writes: "I now want to spend more of my time maintaining and operating my Franklin & South Manchester Railroad, along with other interests. I would like to thank all my FSM customers and fans throughout the years. I hope my kits have given you a lot of enjoyment and modeling pleasure."

As someone who models modern railways, FSM kits never appealed to or were appropriate for me--and I'm not sure I'd have the patience or skill to build one, anyway. But they have been appreciated by many, who will surely miss this fine line of craftsman kits.




No comments:

Post a Comment