Thursday, January 4, 2018

Visiting Power, and Visiting With Friends on the Manitoba & Minnesota Sub.


















The M & M Sub. hosted some visiting power early in this new year when friends Morgan Turney, Dennis Rietz and Larry Leavens visited.



















Dennis brought over some Walther’s VIA coaches to run; Larry brought two unique CF7 units from the Red River Valley & Western, and Morgan brought some Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo (TH&B) locomotives and some rolling stock.

(I showcased Dennis' unique and great layout in a crawl space on this blog in 2012: See it here.)















(The Red River Valley & Western is a shortline in North Dakota and Minnesota. Founded in 1987, it celebrated its 30th anniversary last year.)



















Over refreshments and conversation, we ran trains and visited—a great model railroad evening with friends.















Larry also brought over his homemade static grass applicator, which I am going to try one of these days; I’ve been noticing how great photos with static grass look, and I want to see if I can add it to my layout, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment